Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, August 25, 2008

A day of Firsts!!




Today was Jackson's FIRST day of FIRST grade. Once we got over getting up at the crack of dawn, he was ready to go. He was very excited and rode his bike to school with his friends. I met him up there today for the first day to make sure he knew how to get to his classroom which he did. He had a great day and loves his new teacher - Mrs. Alexander. I think it is going to be a great year for him - his teachers seem fantastic (and by my own admission, I know I am hard to please!)


Speaking of firsts, today was the FIRST time we got ONLY good news from our Dr.'s appointments. The cardiologist was very pleased with Camryn's heart and her aortic valve now falls right within the bell curve. Her two vessel cord is holding up just fine and blood flow is perfect. She says she doesn't need to see me again! Yeah! She may do an echo on her heart once she is here but says she really has no concerns at all. AND, the Dr. that seems impossible to please (my perinatologist) said she was "pleased with how she is doing." Not only did Camryn not fall any further behind on her growth but she actually made up some time so she is only 7 days behind which is just fine! The ultrasound tech tried to get a good 3-D picture for me but Camryn put both hands on her eyes. She said she'd try next time to get me that good facial shot. Maybe though, a little element of surprise in this whole process may be nice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thrilled to hear Camryn is doing well! We just can't wait to meet her & hope to see you soon :)

Unknown said...

Thrilled to hear Camryn is doing well! We just can't wait to meet her & hope to see you soon! :)

Nancy Mon said...

such great news!